Saturday, February 9, 2008

Connectivism

According to the article, we "double our knowledge every 18 months". That's impressive. We are learning faster than ever due to the new technology available to us. We are able to network and make new connections faster and on an exponentially wider scale. But what about the Introverts? will they be left behind? or will they adapt to new technology and ride the wave of networking?

Video gaming has been a big influence on my learning process. And most of the platforms and games that I've used are single player. I'm not used to multiplayer online games such as warcraft, runescape, or halo. But my nephews- that's all they play- the games where they're forced to network in order to survive (in the game of course). They are the Connectivist Generation. So where does that leave the old farts like me who refuse to hook the Xbox 360 to the internet for fear of getting owned by his nefews?

let me know.

1 comment:

Come and See Africa said...

We surely see generation gaps. I don't play any video games, because it is too difficult to learn them. When we have "need" or "interest, we will learn.